As part of a new development standard ONE|NB will endeavor to provide free, in-home, internet access to all tenants of our rental developments. The Avenue will offer free broadband to all of its low-moderate income tenants.
Breaking ground 2024 – Estimated completion: Summer 2025
The Avenue will be an 85-unit affordable housing development that will combine development of 39 newly constructed apartments at 434 Atwells Avenue in the Federal Hill neighborhood of Providence and the preservation and re-syndication of 46 affordable apartments, known as Elmwood Neighborhood Revitalization II (ENR II), in the Elmwood neighborhood of Providence.
- 39 new apartments in 5-story building at 434 Atwells Avenue, Providence, on vibrant mixed-use street which will encourage pedestrian and bicycle traffic, easy access to public transportation
- Residential apartments on floors 2 through 5, that include 11 one-bedroom, 24 two-bedroom, and 4 three-bedroom apartments; 2 ADA compliant units (1 one-bedroom and 1 two-bedroom)
- A unit mix of 9 units at 30% AMI, 13 units at 60% AMI and 17 units of unrestricted/market rate housing
- 1,000 square feet of commercial space on first floor for coffee shop, a fitness center, a mail room, bike storage, management office
- 40 parking spaces, partially enclosed
ELMWOOD NEIGHBORHOOD (ENR II)
- 46 scattered apartments in 13 buildings to undergo substantial renovations in the Elmwood neighborhood of Providence
- Rehabilitation of 1 efficiency, 10 one-bedroom, 12 two-bedroom, 20 three-bedroom, and 2 four-bedroom apartments, in a unit mix that varies from 30% to 60% AMI
- Improvements will include accessibility, mechanical and electrical upgrades; architectural improvements such as masonry work, waterproofing, doors, repairs/replacement of windows and more, along with other work in individual apartments and in common areas
- 17 off-street parking spaces
- Very-low to moderate-income households