Food and SNAP

Food Pantries

  • The Federal Hill Food Center is located at 35 Swiss Street, in Providence, and is open Tuesday through Friday from 9am to 12pm.
  • The Olneyville Food Center is located at 261 Manton Ave, in Providence, and is open  Tuesdays 9am – 1pm; Wednesdays and Thursdays 9am – 5pm; and Fridays  9am to 2pm.
  • Family Service of RI is delivering fresh food and cleaning supplies to keep Rhode Island seniors safe. If you or someone you know will benefit from this service, call 401-462-4444.


ONE|NB convenes a statewide workgroup of community partners, state and federal program managers to help Rhode Islanders learn about the availability, application process, eligibility requirements and benefits of SNAP. The workgroup takes part in training and peer learning in an effort to facilitate and increase SNAP participation among eligible Rhode Islanders with a focus on creating equity and inclusion.



Recent action by the federal government ended the extra COVID SNAP benefits, known as SNAP Emergency Allotments, as of February 2023. Households will receive only their regular SNAP issuance beginning on March 1, 2023.

Tell DHS about changes that may increase your SNAP benefits. Your SNAP may go up if you tell DHS about:

  • Medical costs over $35 a month for anyone in your SNAP household who is 60 or older or has a disability
  • Increases to your housing costs (rent/mortgage)
  • Child or disabled adult care costs

You can report changes through:

  • The online customer portal at
  • Mailing documents to RI Department of Human Services, PO Box 8709, Cranston RI 02920-8787
  • Call DHS at 1-855-MY-RIDHS (1-855-697-4347)

Or call ONE|NB at: (401) 633-2047

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights laws and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Programs that receive federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and programs HHS directly operates are also prohibited from discrimination under federal civil rights laws and HHS regulations.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


USDA provides federal financial assistance for many food security and hunger reduction programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) and others. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: [], and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
    1320 Braddock Place, Room 334, Alexandria, VA 22314; or
  2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. phone: (833) 620-1071; or

For any other information regarding SNAP issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP hotline number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish, or call the state information/hotline numbers [] (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by state); found online at: SNAP hotline [].


HHS provides federal financial assistance for many programs to enhance health and well-being, including TANF, Head Start, the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and others. If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), or religion in programs or activities that HHS directly operates or to which HHS provides federal financial assistance, you may file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) for yourself or for someone else.

To file a complaint of discrimination for yourself or someone else regarding a program receiving federal financial assistance through HHS, complete the form on line through OCR’s Complaint Portal at []. You may also contact OCR via mail at: Centralized Case Management Operations, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Room 509F HHH Bldg., Washington, D.C. 20201; fax: (202) 619-3818; or email: For faster processing, we encourage you to use the OCR online portal to file complaints rather than filing via mail. Persons who need assistance with filing a civil rights complaint can email OCR at or call OCR toll-free at 1-800-368-1019, TDD 1-800-537-7697. For persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech difficulties, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services. We also provide alternative formats (such as Braille and large print), auxiliary aids and language assistance services free of charge for filing a complaint.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.