ONE Neighborhood Builders is seeking a qualified individual to lead our homeownership promotion and financial education & counseling activities (see job description below).
Interested candidates must submit a statement of interest and resume, along with three professional references to Allyson Plantz, Chief of Staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Financial Opportunity Project Manager (FOPM) will report to the Executive Director as a member of the Program Division of the agency. This is a full-time, exempt employment opportunity. The schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday. The candidate must be able to work 11am-7pm at least three days per week and must be able to work 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
In 2019-2020 a primary activity of ONE|NB’s Financial Opportunity program will be to develop and implement sustainability strategies to increase earned-income and expand the client-base. The FOPM will be a key part of this work and must be comfortable working in an environment that is innovative, variable and fast-paced.
• Provide pre- and post- purchase counseling (in-person and by phone/Skype) to prospective/new homebuyers, with an emphasis on first-time buyers;
• Establish individualized counseling action plans with clients and provide referrals to partner agencies as needed;
• Independently teach series of financial capability and homeownership preparation courses in English and in Spanish;
• Refine course curricula using national best practices to meet evolving needs of clients;
• Track client interactions and action plan progress using web-based database;
• Lead relationship development efforts with prospective course participants and referral sources such as brokers, lenders, and others in the financial capability field to increase enrollment in ONE|NB courses;
• Lead development and implementation of new line of business that will involve financial capability and homeownership preparation courses as an employee-benefit program to Rhode Island companies;
• Support all of ONE|NB’s employees, and be a resource to help them realize their outcomes;
• Work with ONE|NB’s Resident Services Coordinator to support efforts to help the agency’s tenants remain compliant with lease obligations;
• Assist in tracking funder requirements and in the preparation and submission of appropriate reports.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following professional experience and characteristics:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• At least five years of related professional experience
• Entrepreneurial and committed to expanding the Financial Opportunity program and increase the program’s earned income
• Committed to promoting financial well-being and homeownership opportunities for low-to moderate income residents
• Certified as a HUD housing counselor, or be willing and available to attend out-of-state training programs and successfully attain certification
• Empathy and ability to quickly build trust with clients
• Experience with adult education and/or case management preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in data entry and reporting using Salesforce, or ability and willingness to learn
• Bilingual (Spanish and English)