ONE Neighborhood Builders (ONE|NB) is a community development corporation founded in 1988 to promote the comprehensive revitalization of neighborhoods in Providence, RI. Our mission is to develop affordable housing and engage neighbors across Greater Providence to cultivate healthy, vibrant, and safe communities. We accomplish our mission through robust housing development and quality real estate management, addressing root causes of health disparities, and embracing innovation and building the community development field.
Manage all aspects of real estate development, residential and commercial, with a focus on multi-family affordable rental developments. Manage budgets and schedules; compose and submit capital funding applications. Maintain relationships with development partners, funders, consultants and client groups. Bring critical real estate information and strategic opportunities and decisions to the Executive Director for consideration.
- Identify potential development opportunities and conduct financial projections, including rehabilitation estimates and development of financial packages and development budgets;
- Identify appropriate funding sources and prepare funding applications for predevelopment, construction financing, mortgage financing, public subsidies and equity sources;
- Coordinate solicitation of bids for contractors and proposals for selection of other development team members;
- Track funder requirements and prepare and submit appropriate reports;
- Oversee construction work, including budget management, requisitions, facilitation of job meetings and management of transition from pre-development to construction to sale.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following characteristics:
- At least five years relevant work experience with real estate development, construction, or real estate finance;
- Experience with accomplishing complex redevelopment projects with multiple partners and multi-layered financing;
- Desire to work in low-income communities, and appreciation of and motivation to work with residents and stakeholders to build strong and healthy neighborhoods;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage several diverse projects simultaneously, with humor and self-direction.
Submit resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirement to Jennifer Hawkins at email@example.com; no phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.