ONE Neighborhood Builders is currently recruiting a full time AmeriCorps Volunteer for its locations in the Olneyville and Elmwood neighborhoods in Providence. AmeriCorps member will receive a biweekly living allowance of $580, pre-taxes. The member will receive training as a part of their service. The AmeriCorps Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) will focus on assisting residents to be successful in finding and keeping housing and in improving their economic stability. The RSC will provide tenant education to both prospective and current tenants aimed at helping them acquire and maintain safe, affordable, and healthy housing. The RSC will provide information and referrals that focus on housing success, crisis intervention, employment, education, and health and safety. The RSC will follow‐up on notices given to residents and work proactively to decrease the number of notices that result in evictions. The position will work with the Property Managers and Program staff to assist with program outreach and marketing materials. The RSC will attend and coordinate other special yearly events. The position will work closely with Property Management, Housing Network staff, and Accessing Home staff.
The RSC is responsible for delivering 4 programs at Olneyville, Elmwood and in the broader community:
1) Rent RIte: A classroom-based program designed to prepare prospective tenants for successful tenancy. The course focuses on budgeting, credit, and the rental process.
2) Back on Track: An eviction prevention program that provides counseling and individualized interventions to residents at-risk of eviction.
3) Resident Services: Property-based community asset mapping, resource referral services, and community events.
Potential applicants can search for the Accessing Home AmeriCorps program on the AmeriCorps website (my.americorps.gov) or they can visit the Accessing Home website to find a link to the online application. All applicants must apply through the Accessing Home application, not the MyAmeriCorps.gov website; however, a paper copy of the online application is available upon request for applicants who may need special accommodations. A PDF of the application can be viewed here. In addition to the Accessing Home application, applicants must submit up-to-date resumes.
Applicants must follow the minimum requirements below:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Possess a high school diploma or GED
• Be either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Legal Permanent Resident
• Never have been convicted of a sex crime or murder
• Candidates may not work for your organization in another capacity during their term of service
• The populations in the Olneyville/Elmwood neighborhoods necessitates the need for bi-lingual applicants.
Accessing Home is committed to recruiting a diverse corps of AmeriCorps Members.
All Accessing Home AmeriCorps candidates must submit an application and resume in order to be considered for the program.
***Resumes should be sent to Laura Roach firstname.lastname@example.org. and Steve Kearns email@example.com.***
The application can be found at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/r2IzOstOlSbHume33
For information on the position in Olneyville and Elmwood contact Steve Kearns firstname.lastname@example.org 401-351-8719 Ext. 119
If you have any questions regarding enrollment or selection of the AmeriCorps members, please contact the Accessing Home Program Manager:
Laura Roach email@example.com 401.257.6236