Now accepting applications for a full-time Program Associate. This individual would perform a range of essential office support functions from managing external communications to office administration and executive assistance (see description below). Interested applicants please e-mail a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Allyson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Program Associate is responsible for a range of essential office support functions for ONE Neighborhood Builders (ONE|NB), a non-profit community development organization based in the Olneyville neighborhood of Providence. This is a full-time position, with a competitive salary and full employee benefit package. The Program Associate reports to the Chief of Staff (COS).
• Compile and update resident demographic and neighborhood data
• Gather ‘good news’ stories from program staff for use in all communications
• Coordinate documentation for/of events, activities, etc. for use in publications, media, etc. and ensure appropriate releases are signed and filed; maintain graphics & photo files
• Assist with coordination and editing for marketing and donor communication vehicles both on and offline, including but not limited to newsletters, eNewsletters, donor appeals, etc.
• Manage content and images on ONE|NB’s website
• Manage ONE|NB’s social media presence via Facebook, email marketing, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Assist the COS in developing & updating general and program brochures, media kits, key messages, fact sheets, & other collateral material as needed
• Inform the COS of/schedule upcoming ED commitments; ensure appropriate and timely communication with all participants
• Assist the COS in preparing materials for all “critical path” ED meetings (e.g. meetings with current or potential ONE|NB partners, ONE|NB’s Board of Directors, Board Committees, funders, government officials, peer executives, etc.)
• Assist the Executive Director (ED)/COS with drafting narrative content for grant proposals and grant reports, as needed
• Work with the ED/COS to plan and execute neighborhood tours, partner site visits, and similar events
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintain office equipment, including all technology (computers, stamp machine, and copiers); serve as a secondary point of contact with these vendors
• Coordinate schedule for use of conference room
• Maintain Public Contacts database in Outlook
• Assist with photocopying, mailing, word processing and data entry as needed for all staff members, as approved by the COS or ED
• Make deliveries, run errands and conduct other administrative tasks as needed
• Maintain all centralized files
• Order office supplies and maintain inventory of supplies, as approved by the ED
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• At least two years of experience working in office administration in a fast-paced environment
• College degree preferred
• Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Highly organized, proactive, and resourceful
• Polite, patient, and dispassionate/professional in all communications (internal and external)
• Passionate and committed to the vision and values of ONE|NB
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends, as needed
• Grant writing and/or experience managing external communications preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time or without notice.